We're looking for people from all over the world to send a message to President Obama that we support his dream of a clean energy revolution. How? By singing. Juliette explains, on Greenpeace International's Climate Rescue blog:
Sing along with Greenpeace!
President Obama, in his speech at Carnegie Mellon University last summer, said, "The time has come once and for all for this nation to fully embrace a clean energy future...The next generation will not be held hostage to energy sources from the last century."
Help us send him a message, loud and clear, that we support his dream of a clean energy future. That we want him to "...advocate on behalf of the America that we hope for" and move beyond fossil fuel dependency. Obama needs our support to do the right thing. As Franklin Roosevelt said to activists calling for social reforms during the Depression: "I agree with you. I want to do it. Now make me do it."
We're asking supporters from around the globe to record themselves singing "Revolution" by the Beatles. We'll use your clips in an upcoming video about our Energy [R]evolution plan, to be presented in NYC at the end of September, and on our website.
Instructions for recording your music video:
1. Print out these lyrics so that you can sing along - feel free to change some of the lyrics if you are so inspired.
2. Watch/play the video:
3. Hit record on your camera, play the song, and start singing!
1. Make sure you are in a quiet space without too much background noise (for ex, TVs off, etc.); the volume on the computer should be loud enough for you to hear the song, but try to keep it low - we want to hear your voice!. Here are some examples:
And a few other Beatles songs:
- Hey Jude
- Let It Be
2. Get friends and family to join - the more the merrier.
3. Be creative - if you can think of things to do during the instrumental portions of the song, don't hold back. Hold up a message. Play your air guitar. Rock out.
Instructions for sending us your video:
- Make sure it's in .mp4 or .m4v format.
- Go to a file sharing website like www.dropbox.com or www.yousendit.com to upload the file.
- Once uploaded, the webpage will display a link to the file. Copy and paste the link into an email and send it to
DEADLINE: TUESDAY SEPT 14.
Tell Obama that you agree with him. He said it best: "We are not going to move backwards, we are going to move forward." Let's make it so. All right!
Photo: © Greenpeace / Rex Weyler