Three organisations have joined forces today to put Eskom under new management. Together, groundWork, and Earthlife Africa JHB, and Greenpeace Africa have installed a new Eskom CEO, a new Stakeholder Engagement Director, and new Spokesperson.
Eskom needs new management because it continues to fail the people of this country, prioritising coal power to the exclusion of every other option. Coal-fired power stations damage people's health, use staggering amounts of scarce water, accelerate climate change, and do not deliver affordable, accessible electricity to all South Africans.
So from today Eskom is putting people first by:
- Ending South Africa’s addiction to coal and investing in renewable energy instead
- Providing sustainable jobs
- Averting a water crisis in South Africa
- Providing affordable electricity access for all
- Making sure the people of this country do not suffer the health impacts associated with coal-fired power stations and coal mines
LEAVE A SUGGESTION
Eskom’s new management is putting people first, so we want to hear from you. What should our priorities be, and how can we be more accountable to you?
Leave a comment below.