Greenpeace Africa is currently seeking a Forest Campaigner for its Palm Oil Campaign who will be based in Cameroon however frequently travelling to Central African countries and South Africa. .
Introduction and Main Purpose of the Job
Greenpeace Africa is an environmental campaigning organization with offices in Southern, West and Central Africa. The organization is currently seeking for a Palm Oil Campaigner that will play an effective campaign implementation and political lobbying in media work. The successful incumbent will be based in Cameroon however frequently travel to Central African countries and South Africa. The successful candidate must be able to perform these duties:
- Research and develop strategic plans and execute palm oil campaigning project.
- Manage the budget for palm oil campaigning.
- Establish relations with local authorities, UN, NGO’s, partners, community leaders and all other important stakeholders within each project.
- Deliver well informed image of Greenpeace and its campaigns to the public and through the media.
- Identify environmental issues and campaigning opportunities.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with a wide range of people, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities.
- Understand the roles that science, politics, economics, media and social change play in campaigning.
Minimum Job Requirements
- University Degree, (Studies in environmental science will be an added advantage)
- 3 years’ experience in campaigning
- Fluency in English and French both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- Ability to solve problems
- Depth knowledge of Africa and its dynamics.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skill.
- Professional Individual
- Must be initiative highly motivated / enthusiastic/ energetic.
- Good planning and organising skill.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Officer at stating the position their applying for. The closing date for applications is 07 February 2014.
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Please note that should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.