Greenpeace Africa is currently seeking for a Human Resource Assistant to assist in HR functions of the organization for a period of 6 months. The position is suitable for a young incumbent that is eager to learn expand his or her experience within HR Field.
The HR assistant will be responsible for providing overall HR support to other units and various human resources functions, which will include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and employee wellness, health and safety. HR Assistant will assist in implement strategic aspects as well as administrative of the Human Resource department.
Job Specification: The successful candidate will manage internal processes such as:
- Assist in capturing all payroll inputs and ensure they are submitted on time to the payroll administrator.
- Ensure that all personnel files for ALL staff are up to date.
- Express clear understanding of the organisational strategy and direction.
- Ensure that all new staff is provided with proper policies and procedures.
- Assist HR Officer in coordinating recruitment process.
- Take minuets in meetings.
- Conduct exit interviews on all out going staff.
- Process residency and work permit applications for employees accordingly.
- Maintain the HR data base and regularly update the personnel information.
- Assist and support HR Officer with her day to day activities.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must have Grade 12
- National Diploma (3 Years qualification) in Human Resource Management/ Human Capital Development /Labour Relations.
- 6-12 Months experience in a HR department
- Must be fully computer literate and have knowledge and skill in MS Office (especially MS Outlook, Excel, Power point and Word G mail)
- Knowledge of South Africa labour legislations.
- Sound knowledge in Labour Relations/ Training and Development
- Good administration skills
- Must be able to start in August 2014
- Experience in a NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skill.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Must be initiative highly motivated / enthusiastic/ energetic.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Must have attitude of continuous learning and self-development.
- Good planning and organising skill
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Officer at stating the position their applying for. The closing date for applications is 19 August 2014. For any queries regarding this post please contact Silindile Nxaba on 011482 4696
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Please note that should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.