Greenpeace Africa is an environmental campaigning organization with offices in Southern, West and Central Africa. The organization is currently seeking for a Web Content Officer to join the Engagement department. This is a six months contract. The successful candidate will be based in Johannesburg.
Greenpeace Africa has been developing its digital communications over the last two years, and the base of online supporters has been growing positively.
In order to improve our online reach via our website, we are now looking for a Web Content Officer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Actively create content for our website to strengthen relationships with existing supporters online, and ensure that we also increase our reach at the same time
- Improve our website users experience and foster retention by creating an interactive space where people can engage with Greenpeace Africa
- Project manage the transition of our current content to a new CMS
- Update, improve and manage our website, keeping track of the analytics
- Recruit and attract new people as newsletter or petition signers
PREFERED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and/or experience in designing and optimizing a website (using e.g. Google Web Optimizer)
- Knowledge and/or experience in online editorial practices
- Proofreading skills
- Good online experience with social media, blogging, and working with online content
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English and written and verbal communication
- Some knowledge of HTML and other website coding
- Experience and ability to work with a custom CMS and Wordpress
- Working knowledge of Google analytics
- Knowledge in Digital marketing, lead generation and website optimization experience
- Knowledge of Facebook and/or other types of online ads
- Basic Photoshop and webdesign knowledge
- At ease with learning how to use new tools and software
- Knowledge and/or experience in New Media (web, sms, social networks, blogs, …)
- Knowledge and/or experience in cyberactivism
- Build relationships with colleagues
- Knowledge sharing
- Show intiative
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm, Being a team player
- Rigorous, details and result oriented
- Values diversity , Flexible, adaptable to different cultures, contexts and language
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values
PREFERED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
- Tertiary qualification
- Ability to speak and write fluently in French
- 3 to 5 years experience in digital communications/ digital marketing
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their CV and covering letter in French or English to the Human Resources Officer at stating the position their applying for in the subject line. The closing date for applications is December 1st 2016. The interviews will be done both in English and French.
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Please note that should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date; please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.