As a registered charity, Greenpeace Australia Pacific Limited takes the corporate form of a public company limited by guarantee.
Instead of shareholders Greenpeace Australia Pacific has a General Assembly made up of more than 50 skilled volunteers who are the voting members. These members elect the Board from the existing General Assembly membership. The Board in turn appoints the Chief Executive Officer whom is delegated responsibility of management of the company.
Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s constitution defines the objectives of the organisation as being to:
- Protect, preserve and enhance the natural environment;
- Promote nuclear disarmament and peace; and
- Establish and maintain a public fund for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objectives.
Greenpeace National or Regional Offices (NROs) operate in 40 countries around the world. There are a number of bilateral agreements that bind each Greenpeace National or Regional Office (NRO), of which Greenpeace Australia Pacific is one, to Greenpeace International. The key documents that define and describe this relationship are the following:
- License Agreement: a legally binding bilateral agreement between Greenpeace International and Greenpeace Australia Pacific, through which Greenpeace International grants the specific NRO a licence to use the Greenpeace name.
- Framework Agreement: a legally binding agreement between Greenpeace International and the NRO that allows the NRO to participate in the Greenpeace International Council.
- Organisational Development Plan: this is primarily a planning tool. It contains the objectives and plans for the NRO for the following three years as well as Greenpeace International’s commitments and the NRO contribution to Greenpeace International. The agreement is binding and is renewed every year.
||Greenpeace Australia Pacific Limited
Greenpeace Australia Pacific Limited
||002 643 852
|Australian Business Number
||61 002 643 852
||Level 2, 33 Mountain Street
Ultimo, NSW 2007
||GPO Box 3307
Sydney NSW 2001
||The Greenpeace Trust
|Taxation Concessions held
||Endorsed as Gift Deductible Recipient
- Item 1 of section 30-15 of ITAA 1997
Income Tax Exemption
- Subdivision 50-B ITAA1997
- Division 176 NTS (GST) Act 1999
- Section 123E FBTAA 1986
|Fundraising Licences held
||NSW Expires 31 May 2018
Victoria Expires 23 March 2015
Queensland Valid until revoked
Tasmania Valid until revoked
SA No license required
WA Expires 9 April 2016
NT No license held.
ACT Expires 9 February 2016