Department: Org Support
Responsible to: Database Manager
Direct Reports: Nil direct reports
Salary: $66,555.75 + Superannuation
- Join us in defending the environment throughout the Australia Pacific Region!
- An exciting opportunity to jump into the day to day operations of Greenpeace Australia Pacific
- Work within a vibrant and exiting workplace for a cause that matters to you!
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We've got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change. And this is where you come in!
Overall purpose of the role
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing accurate data to internal and external stakeholders, predominantly the Marketing Team, Finance, Greenpeace International and telemarketing agencies.
The purpose of this role is to help ensure the effective interface between an off-the-shelf fundraising package called Raiser’s Edge and other systems and/or agencies using standard and non-standard import processes.
A taste of what to expect
- Liaise with stakeholders to determine the data selection requirements for any request they make, including data for communications with constituents and for reporting and analysis
- Develop, test and implement processes to facilitate provision of the data required, with integrity, through the use of Raiser’s Edge and often other software such as MS Access and Excel.
- Review database systems related processes, including the monitoring of issues and improvement suggestions raised by stakeholders
- Provide periodical training for Raiser’s Edge users and provide “help desk” support to all Raiser’s Edge and associated systems and interfaces users within the organisation
- Produce regular reports on the progress of fundraising and other organisational programs, in order to facilitate strategic decision making, as agreed with the Database Manager
We are seeking someone with at least 2 years’ experience in a database support role with Intermediate to advanced experience of a database query package. If you are familiar with Raiser’s Edge, it would be highly regarded. If you are someone who thrives in Project Management; planning and organising, including the ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances, this role is just for you!
What We Can Offer You!
As a Greenpeace employee, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world's oceans, earth and sky!
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance. Greenpeace is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning and career progression.
We also offer:
- You get to work in a team of skilled, dedicated digital trouble makers determined to disrupt the status quo
- You get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- You will have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- We work hard and play harder
- Greenpeace can guarantee a flexible work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers, as well as opportunities for professional development.
How to apply
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. We actively encourage applications from all corners of our global society. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Please direct applications or enquiries to:
Applications close at 9:00am, Wednesday 03 May 2017.