Here are 30 ways that you can help the Arctic 30, who currently detained in Russia for a peaceful action taken against the Prirazlomnaya oil rig in September 2013.
We continue to be overwhelmed by the amount of support, messages, letters, posters, sent to us for the Arctic 30.
Many of you have written to us asking what more you can do to help them, especially when you are far away from cities where protests are organised. So we made this list: 30 ways you can help them...
If you have extra ideas, we'd love to hear them. Leave a comment below to share!
- Send a letter urging for the Arctic 30 to be freed.
- Get to know the Arctic 30 - Read and share their profiles.
- Get the facts about the Arctic 30 - Read and share the timeline.
- Watch and share this video about Gazprom and Shell.
- Tweet about the Arctic 30.
- Ask friends on Facebook to send a letter to Russian embassies.
- Add a twibbon to your Twitter profile picture.
- Change your Facebook profile picture.
- Add an Arctic 30 banner on your website.
- Download a poster, print it and put it in your window.
- Share your poster on social media and tag your friends in it.
- Go to Shell's Facebook page and ask them about their partnership with Gazprom.
- Go to Gazprom's Facebook page and ask about the Arctic 30.
- Call Shell and ask them about their partnership with Gazprom.
- Write a blog about the Arctic 30 and share it with us.
- Write a song about the Arctic 30 and share it with us.
- Write to your representative, congressperson, national assembly representative, and voice your concern about the Arctic 30.
- Organise a small vigil with a few friends in a local public park.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about the Arctic 30.
- Print and distribute a leaflet about the Arctic 30 - or leave it at the check-out of a friendly local business.
- Write positive comments under online articles about the Arctic 30.
- Make and share social media images and memes.
- Print these signs and get 15 friends, a camera and tag an event.
- Add a banner to your email signature.
- If you’re a student in high school or university, talk to your class about the Arctic 30.
- Create your own poster.
- Help the Arctic 30 defeat Big Oil: If you still drive your car to work, pick at least one day a week to commute by bike or public transport.
- Help the Arctic 30 protect the Arctic from climate change: If it's possible in your area, switch your electricity company to a renewable energy supplier.
- Share this list and get 3 friends to join you!