"Volunteers are not paid—not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless."
Volunteers in Australia and the Pacific are an essential part of Greenpeace's success.
As a volunteer, you can spread the word online and in your local community, get hands-on experience in our campaigns, and help us raise vital funds for a greener, peaceful future.
Wherever you live and whatever your lifestyle, there's a way for you to get involved.
If you know you want to help us you can register now!
Ways you can volunteer
There are a few ways you can volunteer for Greenpeace Australia Pacific.
In our office
Work in our Sydney office or our Sydney Warehouse. Roles include research, event management, logistics, media relations, administration, data entry and general office duties. Long-term, short-term and internship roles are available.
Current available office positions
In your community
Enjoy talking to people and working outside? Our Community Activists get mobile and spread the word in their local communities. They help out at stalls, events and rallies, meet their local MPs, collect petition signatures, conduct research and inspire people to take action.
Register to volunteer here
Taking action from the comfort of your chair plays a vital role in winning campaigns. We need online activists to write letters to politicians, sign petitions and use their networks to spread the green and peaceful word.
Visit our Take Action Online page and find out what you can do
Competing in a sporting event? Celebrating a birthday, wedding or anniversary? You can become a fundraiser for Greenpeace at the same time.
What you'll need
- Aligned with Greenpeace's core values
- Able to legally work in the country you're volunteering in. If you are an overseas visitor, this means holding an appropriate work visa. For more information on obtaining a visa, visit the relevant government websites.
- English language skills. You’ll need to speak, read and write English very well, especially for communications roles. The better your English language skills, the greater variety of roles we can offer you.
- Able to commit. You’ll need to make a good faith commitment to the time, terms and conditions of the volunteer role.
- Age requirements. Some volunteer activities have minimum age requirements. Event fundraising is open to all age groups.
- Living in the Australia Pacific region.
Register for one or more roles.