Greenpeace Canada is seeking two new Board members at a significant time in the history of our organization.
We are currently implementing important organizational changes to better connect to diverse audiences and
respond to the deepening environmental crisis and address catastrophic climate change in a challenging political
Our mission: Greenpeace is an independent, campaigning organization that uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and force solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Our values: environmental protection, peace, non-violence, effectiveness, global vision, and political independence.
Do you have at least one or more of the following priority skills?
- financial management
- management and organizational development
- community and volunteer engagement
- First Nations engagement
- youth engagement.
As well as each of the following essential attributes?
- strategic thinking/planning
- governance experience either as a Board member or as a senior manager reporting to a Board
- willingness to serve for an organization committed to taking high risks
- globally minded
- awareness of the Canadian political landscape and environmental issues
- ability to read and exchange in English at meetings.
Other desirable skills include: legal; HR; communications/media; facilitation; advocacy; fluency in French; awareness of the Canadian business context. We are seeking individuals who represent the diversity of the Canadian experience.
If you have the skills required, believe in our mission, share our values, and can devote about 100 hours/year (including three face-to-face weekend meetings in Toronto) to one of the world’s most dynamic non-profits, please send your CV and a brief statement of interest (300 words) by March 5, 2014 to .
More About Greenpeace: visit www.greenpeace.org/canada; and view these inspiring videos from around the Greenpeace world: