Join us September 21-23rd 2012 for Greenpeace’s second annual Earth Defenders Training and Skillshare.
Register Here Now.
Greenpeace volunteers and community organizers in Ontario are invited to learn the basics on organizing in your community, campaign strategy, non-violent civil disobedience.
Come meet others in the environmental and activist community…
Share your knowledge & skills…
Come with your group or organization to team build & strategize…
Help us build a bigger, stronger movement to stop environmental destruction and social injustice. We’ll give you skills to help mobilize and carry out your own actions.
Workshops will include:
- campaign strategy
- how to work with the media
- building groups and growing support
- non-violent direct action and civil disobedience
- Free transportation from Toronto will be arranged: leaving late afternoon Friday, September 21st, returning to Toronto the evening Sunday September 23rd.
- The venue will be 1-2 hours outside of Toronto, near Orangeville.
- If you’re coming from outside of Toronto – we ask you to use public transportation or let us know if you can drive others from your area.
- Accommodation: shared accommodation with beds/bunk beds will be provided. Women-only sleeping spaces will be arranged. Please arrange your own sleeping bag/pillow (we can provide a limited amount for those that don't have one).
- Food: vegetarian/vegan food will be provided.
- Accessibility: Please include any accessibility needs you have on the form and we will be in touch ASAP.
- We ask participants to attend for the entire weekend, as the workshops will build upon each other. If you have family responsibilities, are in need of childcare or other barriers to attending the whole weekend, please share in your registration form and we will work to arrange support for you!
Cost: a suggested donation of $50 is asked to help pay for food and accommodation. Nobody will be turned away from lack of funds, so please do not let this be a barrier.
There is a limit to the amount of participants, so please register here right away if you want to reserve a spot. Read this reflection from last year's Earth Defenders & get a sense of what you'll gain...
More information and a longer to-bring list & program outline will be sent to registered participants closer to the date! Any other questions, please get in touch.
With the planet,
Natalie & the Earth Defenders team
416 597 8408 ext. 3062