Shell is getting ready to start exploratory oil drilling off the coast of Alaska. This week, activists all around the world are joining together to save the Arctic and tell the company to halt its dangerous plans.
If you’re on Twitter, you can help pressure Arctic oil drillers Shell and win a t-shirt at the same time. Here’s the deal:
- You pick an Arctic collective (#PolarBear, #Narwhal, #ArcticFox, #SnowyOwl or #Walrus) and you tweet to Shell on that hashtag including #TellShell.
- We’ll count the points equal to your number of followers and add that live to your collective’s score.
- Whichever collective has the most points by 1200 GMT on Monday 23rd July will be the winning collective!
- Only your first tweet counts - so make sure you have the right collective from the start!
- 50 random people from the winning collective will be sent their very own super eco, organic t-shirts with their collective icon on it. We’ll also make the design available to download for the rest of the collective too.
- Just click the collective badge of choice to generate a tweet you can use.
- Recruit your friends - and celebrities - to your collective’s campaign if you want to win. Remember more followers = more points.
- Make sure you follow @greenpeace so we can DM you if you win!
Take your battle for your collective beyond Twitter. Make sure you’ve joined our campaign to Save the Arctic and we’ll send you an invite to join the Arctic Rising, where you can join your Polar Bear, Narwhal, Walrus, Snowy Owl or Arctic Fox collective and do much, much more.
The small print:
- Only your first tweet in the competition will be counted.
- We will notify winners via Direct Message on twitter to get their address details of where to send the t-shirt
- We will pick the 50 winners at random from all people who have tweeted in the competition from the winning collective
- We’ll publish a list of those people the week after the competition
- The t-shirt design may vary slightly from the preview image above
- T-shirts will be from size S to XL