Greenpeace Canada’s Arctic Ambassador Petition Challenge:
Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
We want our movement to grow in every neighborhood in Canada. Become an Arctic Ambassador and get your community to sign-on to our petition: you can go door-to-door in your neighborhood, talk to people in a park on a busy weekend, ask friends and family, your schoolmates, your colleagues or anyone and everyone else you can think of!
How do I become an Arctic Ambassador?
If you want to participate, please register here and one of our organizers will get in touch, give you a briefing and tips, as well as confirm delivery of your Arctic Ambassador Materials Toolkit: “Arctic Ambassador Registration”
The person who signs-up the most supporters to the campaign will win a trip to volunteer as a crew member for one week on the Rainbow Warrior III, during its visit to British Columbia in October 9-16th 2013.
- * Only the names of new sign-ons with complete verifiable and accurate contact information and signature will qualify towards your totals
- To qualify for the grand prize participants must be residing in Canada and be over the age of 18. Those under 18 can still participate, however, if you acquire the most sign-ons, an alternative Arctic Ambassador experience will be arranged
* We’ll announce the Arctic Ambassador on Monday September 23rd.
Mail your completed Save the Arctic Petition pages to:
Arctic Challenge, Greenpeace Canada, 33 Cecil St., Toronto, ON, M5T 1N1
Petitions must be received by Thursday September 19, 2013 to be eligible for the contest.
What’s in my Arctic Ambassador’s Materials Toolkit?
After you sign-up to participate as an Arctic Ambassador, you’ll receive an email with a Welcome Package and telephone call from one of our organizers to get you started and let you know when to expect your mailing of:
- A paper copy of your Arctic Ambassador Welcome Package, which will include background and frequently asked questions about our campaign to Save the Arctic and the Arctic Ambassador Challenge
- Save the Arctic flyers with basics on the campaign to give to supporters you sign-up
- Save the Arctic stickers and other materials to give out to those that sign-on or to put up in your community
- Save the Arctic petitions that you can photocopy as you need (or download more here)
What you’ll need:
- Access to a photocopier or printer to print more petition pages
- A clipboard & pen for your Save the Arctic Petitions
- To make your own plan of where and how you will recruit new supporters to the Save the Arctic campaign