Atlantic SaveEasy, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion (in Newfoundland and Labrador), Extra Foods, Fortinos, Loblaws, Maxi & Cie, No Frills, Provigo, The Real Canadian Superstore, The Real Canadian Wholesale Club, SuperValu, Valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs, Cash & Carry, T&T.
Redlist species sold
Atlantic cod, haddock, Atlantic halibut, net-pen farmed Atlantic salmon, Atlantic sea scallops, Greenland halibut, tropical shrimp and prawns and yellowfin tuna (canned and fresh).
- Actively educating customers about seafood sustainability through awareness campaigns.
- Removed longlined swordfish from sale since last report.
- Developed sustainability policy so that it applies to all products containing marine ingredients in all stores.
- 8 Redlist species still on sale.
- Newly acquired stores have not fully implemented Loblaw’s policy, and continue to sell additional Redlist species.
- Labeling does not yet include how or where seafood was caught or farmed
To download the full report in pdf format, click here