Overwaitea Foods, Save-On-Foods, PriceSmart, Urban Fare, Cooper's Foods, Bulkley Valley Wholesale.
Redlist species sold
Atlantic cod (bottom trawled), net-pen farmed Atlantic salmon, haddock, tropical shrimp and prawns and Atlantic sea scallops.
- Became the first major supermarket chain to discontinue yellowfin tuna, a Redlisted species.
- Partnered with SeaChoice to implement a sustainable sushi program which helps customers make more informed sushi-buying decisions.
- Found innovative ways to educate consumers, including sustainability guides at seafood counters, nutrition tours in stores with sustainability components, and new website content.
- Has yet to specify which product categories other than fresh, frozen and canned seafood will be evaluated to ensure sustainability.
- 5 Redlist species still on sale, including destructively fished Atlantic sea scallops.
- Lots of yellow-graded and unspecified species in the seafood cases.
To download the full report in pdf format, click here