Sobeys, IGA, Thrifty Foods, Price Chopper, Foodland, Commisso's, Marché Bonichoix, Les Marchés Tradition, Clover Farm, Western Cellars, Needs, Rachelle-Béry.
Redlist species sold
Atlantic cod, Atlantic halibut, haddock, yellowfin tuna, Greenland halibut, Arctic surf clams, Atlantic sea scallops, tropical shrimp and prawns, swordfish (longline), net-pen farmed Atlantic salmon and Chilean sea bass.
- Removed Antarctic toothfish from shelves.
- Piloting a project to provide full traceability information to customers on various products.
- Working with the supply chain to help improve fisheries on the water.
- Continues to sell 11 of the 15 Redlist species, the most of all the chains.
- While Sobeys has a set timeline to green its shelves, species with stocks of concern continue to be sold like yellowfin tuna and Greenland halibut.
- Still waiting for improved labeling on seafood products
To download the full report in pdf format, click here