Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organization with a presence in 55 countries. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join our team to make positive change that this world desperately needs.
Non-violent direct action (NVDA) has been an integral part in Greenpeace campaigning since it started over 40 years ago. Working with a team of dedicated activists and campaigners, this position is primarily responsible for the design, planning and execution of innovative, creative, confrontational and inspirational non-violent direct actions that would achieve Greenpeace East Asia's campaign objectives.
This role is very detail-oriented, involves multiple concurrent daily deadlines and tasks, and requires ability to perform under pressure and in physically and mentally challenging situations.
- Design, plan and implement (from idea formulation to logistics coordination) creative and effective non-violent direct action to help Greenpeace achieve its campaign objectives at local, national and international level;
- Provide strategic and tactical input in campaign and project planning process relating to the use of NVDA;
- Maintain, develop and manage action warehouse, equipment and inventory;
- Recruit, cultivate and manage a group of volunteers and activists and motivate them to participate in Greenpeace actions and activities;
- Organize and coordinate action training for staff and volunteers;
- Support field research and rapid response projects in environmental hotspots.
- At least 2 years of work experience in related fields (NGOs, activist/advocacy groups, event management, logistics, or creative industry) and preferably with experience in social action;
- Strong commitment to Greenpeace values especially environmental activism;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget;
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team;
- Understanding of the environmental, socio-political and cultural situations of Hong Kong & Mainland China;
- Willingness to travel and work outside of ordinary work hours;
- Technical skills and experiences in driving, boating, climbing, diving, swimming, first aid, electronic and mechanical equipment etc. will be an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
The position will be based in Hong Kong, and the candidate is expected to have frequent travel outside Hong Kong.
This position is for 3-year contract subject to renewal. Any interested parties, please submit your cover letter and full resume with current and expected salary here: http://www.greenpeace.org/hk/about/careers/ . Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)