Making a difference in the world by making a difference in Greenpeace!
Greenpeace is a non-profit organisation, with a presence in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
Greenpeace campaigns on climate change globally. Numerous scientific studies already prove that climate change is happening, which will bring extreme weather to the planet and causing unpredictable environmental disaster to the earth. The major cause of climate change is the massive usage of fossil fuels, such as oil and coal, by human species in energy consumption.
Greenpeace envisions that Pearl River Delta region can be one of the key areas driving the right policy incentive, financial investment and behavioural change from dirty coal burning and consumption, to massively uptake energy efficiency and renewable energies, which enables the region to response to the impacts brought by both air pollution and climate change.
The Campaigner provides specialized campaign expertise in Greenpeace’s ongoing or emerging Climate & Energy’s campaign works and is directly involved in the development and implementation of campaign plans, under the instruction of the Campaign Manager. He/she will also work with external stakeholders to further contribute Greenpeace’s campaign goals.
- Degree holder in Social Science, Environmental Science or related disciplines and best to have experience / expertise in air pollution / energy issues / local environmental management with at least 2 years of work;
- Sound knowledge of the environmental, socio-political and cultural situations of Pearl River Delta region (including HK) /Southern China & Mainland China;
- Working knowledge of conducting campaigns, including research and investigation, policy and power analysis, project management and execution, external communications and outreaching.
- Outstanding inter-personal and team work skills;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese;
- The position will be based in Hong Kong, and the candidate is expected to have frequent travel / regular stay in Pearl River Delta region and Beijing for campaign works.
This position is for a 2-year contract subject to renewal. Any interested parties, please send your cover letter and resume to
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)