Greenpeace stands for positive change through action to defend the natural world and promote peace. We are a global non-government organization with a presence in over 40 countries. We have been campaigning for a sustainable future in Hong Kong and mainland China for more than a decade. We have started our campaigns in Taiwan and Korea in recent years.
Greenpeace seeks Deputy Organisational Support Director
Are you a strategic HR and IT professional who want to make positive change for the world?
Are you excited to work with a group of passionate activists and support them to campaign for a better environment?
As Deputy Organisational Support Director of Greenpeace, you will help us to develop and run everyday operations within Greenpeace Organisational Support Department, including human resources, finance and IT. You will provide directions to the department in accordance with the formulated programme and the decision by the senior management team in order to optimally support Greenpeace operations. With your support, our environmental campaigns will be able to go to the next level and make a bigger impact.
- Lead, motivate, and manage HR & admin and IT managers, in order to achieve the objectives of the department and ensure the effective performance of the teams through staff coaching, development training and performance reviews.
- Prioritise internal and external demand on resources and advise the Organisational Support Director to approve the delivery of financial resources and people, in order to enable optimal operations of GPEA.
- Ensure that the budgets for HR & admin and IT management are in line with the GPEA priorities, in order to forecast the financial performance of GPEA and optimise the resource planning for GPEA as a whole.
- Develop, execute and maintain knowledge management, legal, HR, facility management policies and systems and IT.
- Ensure the compliance to all relevant external requirements in order to optimise the security of the organisation, the health and safety of employees and protect the public image of Greenpeace. Advise on potential compliance issues and propose solutions.
- Monitor and evaluate the ongoing functions and division of labour within the department and implement approved recommendations in order to contribute to the improvement and effectiveness of Greenpeace operations.
- Ensure development, application and maintenance of the Information Technology policy and IT systems and ensure IT systems and databases are managed and well maintained in order to effectively support the operations and campaigns of Greenpeace.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years management experience. Experiences in senior management level, recruitment and staff development are preferred;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in developing strategies on HR, admin, IT and regional development for non-governmental organisations;
- Supportive on the Greenpeace values;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and one local language within the East Asia region; (Cantonese Chinese / Mandarin Chinese / Taiwanese / Korean)
- Good negotiation and people skills;
- Could be a team leader and team player;
- Outgoing, proactive, and result oriented
- Frequent travel is required.
This position is for 2-year contract subject to renewal.Any interested parties, please send your motivation letter and resume with current and expected salary to
(All information collected will only be used for recruitment purpose)