Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organisation, with a presence in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. To maintain its independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies on contributions from individual supporters and foundation grants. As a global organisation, Greenpeace focuses on the most crucial worldwide threats to our planet's biodiversity and environment. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
Donor Care Officer
We require enthusiastic service-oriented people to handle donor services and conduct outbound calls in purpose of meeting objectives for the specific telemarketing projects. You will have a pleasant and flexible platform to use your professional skills.
- Provide donor services to maintain maximum donor satisfaction
- Conduct inbound / outbound calls
- Meet the objectives set out for the specific telemarketing projects
- Perform other administration duties as required
- From 10:30am to 7:00pm
- Monday to Friday, five days’ work per week
- No evening shift is required
- Post-secondary education
- Customer services / call center working experience of no less than 2 years, preferably outbound calling experience and demonstrable experience in handling customer enquiries at a high customer satisfaction level
- Customer-oriented with good telephone manner
- Able to work under pressure and handle stress in a positive manner
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate, energetic, self-motivated and outgoing personality
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Chinese typing
- The total package including bonus is between $12,500 - $17,000
- Attractive fringe benefits including 15-day annual leave, medical & dental coverage
Submission of application:
For interested parties, please send your resume by email: