POSITION TITLE: English Writer/Editor/Web Editor 英文网站编辑
REPORTS TO: Communications & Action (CAT) Unit Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the English Writer position is to write and edit professional communications materials for campaigns and fundraising. A major part of the job is to build the web presence of Greenpeace East Asia among English-speaking internet users in order to help Greenpeace achieve its campaign and fundraising objectives, and to ensure our stories resonate outside of China. This position is also responsible for developing the English website, writing and editing English materials and communication strategies, and for increasing public support for and understanding of Greenpeace’s campaigns.
1. Create professional, engaging and creative text and image content for Greenpeace East Asia (GPEA)’s English website and GPEA’s official accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube to communicate our vision, values and campaigns.
2. Develop and implement promotion plans to increase GPEA’s web presence among English-speaking internet users in order to increase recognition of Greenpeace’s work and increase public to support of our work.
3. Write, edit and proofread English campaign, communications and fundraising materials including but not limited to media releases, publications, donor appeals, e-newsletters and web features.
4. Ensure that Greenpeace’s English communications materials are accurate, professional, engaging and adhere to organizational image.
5. Promote Greenpeace web content to other sites.
6. Make sure GPEA’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube work well.
7. Work with agencies, designers and IT experts to produce online content, creative tools and database for campaigning, fundraising and public engagement purposes.
8. Establish and maintain good working relationship with translators, freelance English writers and professional English editors.
9. Ensure communication strategies, tactics and messages are reflected in all communications materials released, working closely with the Communications and Action Unit management to ensure coherence of public messaging and strategy.
10. Monitor the trends in international media’s online coverage of China’s environmental, political, economic, and social issues to inform the development of our online work.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
1. Excellent English writing skills with good command of grammar and language essential. Ability to read Chinese and speak Mandarin highly desirable.
2. Knowledge of internet culture and close familiarity with the tools and landscape of the digital world.
4. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and to meet tight deadlines, including a flexible mindset regarding working hours.
5. Ability to work within teams, to gain new allies and to promote coalition work.
6. Ability to develop new, creative approaches and advance communication goals and objectives.
7. Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced atmosphere, under public scrutiny.
8. International mindset and/or exposure to international work environment desirable.
1. Build and maintain a sound general knowledge of all Greenpeace campaigns and issues in order to be to reflect the issues online.
2. Knowledge of the overall goals and intent of Greenpeace including programs, campaigns and project activities.
3. Knowledge of environmental issues in general.
4. Knowledge of international and East Asia based internet communications, avenues, techniques, practices, scope, audiences and impact.
5. Knowledge of campaign techniques, strategies and practices.
The position works in a standard office environment, and is required to travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations or locations where environmental problems require the presence of Greenpeace representatives.
The position may be required to work under pressure and in physically or mentally challenging situations.
Be on call after hours and on weekends as requested.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.