POSITION TITLE (ENGLISH): Head of EDO and Internal communications
DEPARTMENT: Executive Director’s Office
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Coordinate and support the priorities, focus and communications of the Executive Director in order to maximize his effectiveness in providing strategic leadership to the global organization and communicating on behalf of Greenpeace with key stakeholders.
The role also involves providing/overseeing logistical and administrative support, and proactive coordination of work to the Executive Director, to lead and manage the organization to deliver the objectives.
1. Senior Management Team
To support the Executive Director by preparing and facilitating the meetings of the senior management team. As directed and delegated by the Executive Director, to ensure timely strategic decisions are made and regular communication is maintained to the wider organization in general, and to conduct agenda setting, material preparing and minutes taking in particular for the SMT meeting.
2. Organizational Development
To provide support to the Executive Director in producing and monitoring Greenpeace East Asia’s yearly organizational development plan (ODP), and other long-term plans, in line with the strategic development of the global organization, to enable consistent and timely submission of such plans.
To support the Executive Director to report and communicate with the Board of Directors, in co-operation with the Executive Director and Board Chair.
4. Executive Director support
To enable the Executive Director to work efficiently and effectively by overseeing all matters relating to organizing the Executive Director's agenda, logistical needs and obligations according to good business practice. This is to include the direct management of the administrative assistance within the EDM.
Co-ordinate and assist with all aspects of meetings (including skillshares and training) as directed by the Executive Director, in co-operation with other relevant staff when appropriate and within budgetary constraints, to enable efficient and effective meetings to take place.
6. Communication and reporting
Oversee and proactively generate ED communications to ensure strategic focus and consistency of message and voice.
To proactively keep informed about developments within Greenpeace with respect to organizational development; Co-ordinate, produce and distribute briefing notes, background papers and/or internal and external reports, as directed by the Executive Director, in order to ensure relevant materials and information are available on a timely basis.
- To gather, co-ordinate and disseminate the relevant internal communications of Greenpeace East Asia within GPEA and from GPEA to the global organization as a whole.
- To act as a central point for the internal communications coordination within the region, between GPEA offices and between different departments. To develop and implement internal communication strategies and provide internal communication support and advice, promoting the importance of good communication to the global organisation in order to increase staff awareness of and engagement in internal processes and activities, along with overall staff satisfaction.
- Monitor content and style of internal communications ensuring that internal communications reflect the Greenpeace identity
Manage or contribute to projects and provide specific advice or briefs as at the request of the Executive Director and in line with organizational aims and objectives.
- University graduate
- Minimum of 3 years experience with providing support at a senior level
- Minimum of 1 year experience working at a governance level
- Coordination, logistics, and time management skills or experience
- Facilitation skills or experience preferable
- Understanding of organizational systems and development preferable
- Human Resources and company secretary experiences preferable
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skill
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken in one of the GPEA local languages: Korean, Cantonese or Mandarin
This position's salary range is from RMB15000-20000/month.
The salary is evaluate based on relevant working experience.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to: (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.