As a Regional Systems Engineer of Greenpeace, you will provide high value and reliable and sustainable shared IT services to Greenpeace East Asia, in order to enable our staff to carry out their day to day work effectively.
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
POSITION TITLE: Regional Systems Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Organisational Support
LOCATION: Beijing, travelling required
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide high value and reliable and sustainable shared IT services to Greenpeace East Asia, in order to enable our staff to carry out their day to day work effectively.
- Maintenance and support in order to provide highly secure and reliable services
- Monitoring and trend analysis in order to guarantee availability, capacity and security.
- Provide backup and disaster recovery in order to provide continuity.
- Change management so that changes will not (unexpectedly) interrupt services.
- Research and advise about possible improvements and the application of new technologies in order to enhance the value of IT for the organization or to improve the IT unit’s services.
- Technical contact to external system and network providers in order to provide operational continuity and get information on new usable technologies.
- Documentation of systems and procedures in order to preserve knowledge and provide predictable and sustainable services.
- Direction of local NRO office IT staff with regards to best practices and standardization
- B.Sc. or University degree relevant to Systems and/or Network engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics) and/or comparable work experience / certification.
- Hands-on experience with systems and network administration on medium to large scale systems.
- Must have production experience with VMWare Virtualization Systems (ESXi or better).
- Good working knowledge of LAN and WAN Networking, Windows, Linux, SAN, firewalling, application delivery systems, Cisco IOS, DNS, QoS, LDAP and email.
- Beneficial to have experience with wireless networks, and authentication mechanisms such as Radius and/or LDAP.
- Experience with VLAN segmentation and Virtual Private Networks would definitely be an added advantage.
- Proven track record in working in a project-based environment
- Ability to create or identify technology trends for consideration by the organization.
- Experience of working in an international environment with a culturally diverse user community.
- Fluent in English and Chinese, both verbal and written and preferably Putonghua as well.
- Ability to travel within the Asia region.
- Experience with local telecommunication provider(s) will be an added advantage.
- Cultural sensitivity working in an NRO consisting of multiple countries.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.
For e-mail updates on new job openings: subscribe here.