Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organization with a presence in 40 countries. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
Summary/purpose of the position
The Senior Sustainable Finance Campaigner is responsible for the development and implementation of campaign strategies, proposals and policy for engaging the investment and finance communities in winning Greenpeace campaigns.
At the same time, the finance campaigner will add expertise on emerging corporations and state-owned enterprises in emerging economies in Asia. Where relevant, finance campaigner will analyze investment flows among emerging economies.
Develop and implement strategies to change corporate behaviors, in conjunction with project teams, to support our ongoing campaigns in various business sectors, with an emphasis on emerging economies in Asia.
- Monitor and analyse corporations in emerging economies, including state-owned companies, to identify opportunities for Greenpeace interventions.
- Develop and implement effective plans and strategies to draw attention from finance stakeholders to ecological abuse.
- Actively represent Greenpeace in the finance sector & investment communities, in public and business forums, and the business-related media.
- Empower investors and shareholders to bring in environmental and sustainability standards to improve the performance, practices and policies of corporations.
- Foster public disclosure of environmental impacts by corporations and investors.
- Provide expertise with respect to corporate finance. Keep abreast of issues related to corporate social responsibilities and business behavior in relation to the environment. Conduct research and investigation. Analyze new developments in support of issue campaign objectives and goals.
- Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters. Prepare materials and publications. Attend and/or organize conferences
- Provide expertise, knowledge and tactics to Greenpeace offices and international units when required. Facilitate global learning, by documenting and sharing lessons and best practices across multiple offices.
- Masters degree (or equivalent experience/qualifications) in business management, finance, environment, law or public policy or related field.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of environmental/sustainability issues and an understanding of corporations (including corporate reporting tools), the socially responsible investment community, and the environmental movement.
This position is for 2-year contract subject to renewal. Any interested parties, please send your cover letter and resume with current and expected salary to
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)