More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org/china/ .
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English
Job title: Staff Development Officer
Valid from: 29 April 2014
Job grade: 3
Reports to: Staff Development Manager
Line manages: 0
Overall purpose of the job
Assist the staff development manager to plan, develop, implement and evaluate training and staff development programs to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by organisations to meet organisational objectives.
Reporting to staff development manager, a staff development officer will be based in Beijing for assignment to carry out training & development tasks in Greenpeace East Asia region. S/he will work closely with the Manager and other Greenpeace East Asia and Greenpeace International staff. S/he can be assigned to manage interns. This role is detail-oriented, involves multiple concurrent daily deadlines and tasks, and requires ability to perform under pressure. The post holder can work as a team player and individual on assignments.
Major functions / responsibilities
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
1. Assist in identifying training needs and requirements of individuals and organisations;
2. Prepare and develop instructional training material and aids such as handbooks, visual aids, online
tutorials, demonstration models, and supporting training reference documentation;
3. Provide logistics and administrative support in designing, coordinating, scheduling and conducting training and development programs that can be delivered in the form of individual and group instruction, and facilitating trainings, workshops, meetings, and conferences;
4. Provide support in monitoring and performing ongoing evaluation and assessment of training quality and effectiveness, and reviewing and modifying training objectives, methods and course deliverables;
5. Maintain and update the training database and ensure training records of all trainees are complete and accurate;
6. Liaise with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training and development programs;
Support/ Coaching/ Leadership
- Staff development
1. Assist and contribute in developing and rolling out staff development initiatives, to give orientation, train and develop the skills and core values;
2. Co-ordinate Intern programme in Mainland China; Maintain connections with the talent pools for the key positions of the organisation;
3. Support and contribute towards the general staff activities as required;
4. Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor;
Compliance/ Keeping Framework Conditions
- Professionalism, in particular Bachelor’s Degree or above in any disciplines; Human Resources Management / Training & Development or related disciplines is preferable;
- Achievement, in particular Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related fields, preferably experience in Learning and Development, training, consultancy or coaching.
- Interpersonal relationship, in particular strong presentation, facilitation and coaching skills
- Knowledge sharing, in particular passion for development people and promoting continuous learning
- Values diversity, in particular an international background and ability to relate to Mainland China, Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken in the following language: ... Mandarin
- Knowledge and/or experience in Word
- Knowledge and/or experience in Excel
- Knowledge and/or experience in PowerPoint
- Build and manage relationships with other departments within the organization
- Strategic Orientation
- Ability to work across a variety of issues, under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities and to work unsocial hours as necessary.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Good in inter-personal relationship and deal with conflict in positive and balanced ways.
- Commitment to the mission, principles and values of Greenpeace
- Positive / constructive thinking Attitude
- Stress resistance
Specific Work Environment
- The position works in a standard office environment, with occasional travel to other Greenpeace offices.
- Office base in Beijing, China
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply and will be considered. There will be no major restriction as long as you have passion for NGO and environment protection.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to: (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.