More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org/china/zh/.
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English
Greenpeace stands for positive change through action to defend the natural world and promote peace. We are a global non-government organization with a presence in over 40 countries. We have been campaigning for a sustainable future in China for more than a decade.
We are seeking a cross-disciplinary and dedicated professional to be part of our dynamic Toxics Campaign in China, an on-going campaign against pollution caused by hazardous chemicals that are threatening the environment and the health of the Chinese public. Working together with Greenpeace staff in China and other countries, as well as external partners, the Campaigner is directly involved in the development and implementation of exciting and important campaign activities that aim to create a “toxic-free” future for our children. He/she will be expected to design, execute, communicate, and promote the campaign message to the public. He/she is expected to have a sharp view & understanding on China’s fast-paced social settings, and holds a strategic mind and critical thinking in building influence to China’s environmental policy agenda and public mindset.
POSITION TITLE (ENGLISH): Campaigner
REPORTS TO: Assistant Campaign Manager / Campaign Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Campaigner provides specialized campaign expertise in Greenpeace’s ongoing or emerging campaign works and is directly involved in the development and implementation of campaign plans, under the instruction of the (Assistant) Campaign Manager. The Campaigner will also work with external stakeholders to further Greenpeace’s campaign goals.
1. Provide campaign expertise with respect to a specialized campaign area. Stay abreast of issues. Conduct research and investigations.
2. Work with teammates to develop and implement effective campaign plans and strategies to draw attention to ecological abuse.
3. Maintain active liaison with key stakeholders in specific campaign issue(s). Actively seek out and participate in discussions with influential individuals and groups. Communicate and engage with inter-governmental bodies and government officials related to environment policies and issues.
4. Research and analyze a wide range of specialized material on campaign issues and strategies. May be required to do media work.
5. Promote support within Greenpeace to advance campaign goals. Work with other teammates to organize actions, activities and other events. Make presentations and respond to public speaking requests. Initiate engagement with strategically targeted groups.
6. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters. Prepare materials and publications. Attend and/or organize conferences.
Who you are:
? Committed to making the world a better place
? Good at strategic planning and critical thinking
? Have a strong track record of project planning and execution with concrete results
? Creative, resilient, and willing to take calculated risks
? Speak and write excellent Chinese and English
? Experiences on journalism, communication, advertisement, environmental issues advocacy will be a plus.
1. Knowledge of the overall goals and intent of Greenpeace activities to support environmental protection principles.
2. Organizational, administrative and budget management: to plan, organize and coordinate program activities; to address constant and varied demands on the position.
3. Knowledge of environmental and ecology issues in general and expertise in issues related to one’s area of responsibility. Solid understanding and analysis of political, economic and social processes and trends. Understanding of how to influence public and private institutions the local, national and international stage, including how they interact and influence each other.
4. Knowledge of the media to increase awareness and gain public support to further campaign objectives. Use of the media to maximize campaign exposure but also be able to anticipate and counteract negative backlash campaigns.
5. Knowledge of campaign techniques, strategies and practices. Specialist campaign knowledge to help place the campaign on the local, national and international stage. Understanding of the tactics and counter campaigns used by various groups to undermine the credibility of Greenpeace, and ability to develop strategies in response.
6. Public relations: to function effectively within a highly charged atmosphere, under public scrutiny; and to represent Greenpeace in a professional manner among different audiences.
The position works in a standard office environment, and is required to travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations or locations where environmental problems require the presence of Greenpeace representatives.
The position may be required to work under pressure and in physically or mentally challenging situations.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current andexpected salary to: (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.