Come on board and experience the spirit of Greenpeace's new Rainbow Warrior when she makes her first-ever journey to Hong Kong in June.
The new Rainbow Warrior, built entirely from Greenpeace supporter donations, will host two open boat days as part of “Save Energy for Our Future” tour.
We cordially invite you to bring along up to four friends or family members for a guided tour of one of the world's most environmentally friendly ships.
This is a special chance to engage with Greenpeace's ship the Rainbow Warrior which is an icon of hope and endurance. You can also learn how you can help save our planet. There will be face painting and other fun activities, so get on board with us!
The Rainbow Warrior is one of the most environmentally friendly campaigning ships of its type:
- Fast and reliable: She is as fast as many industrial vessels, with action boats that can be deployed in minutes, enabling us to stop illegal fishing operations and shipments of illegal wood.
- Base for science: She can carry specialized equipment weighing up to 8 tons, thereby allowing top-notch scientists to work on board.
- Floating communications hub: There's an on-board satellite communications system so that we can stream live footage from scenes of environmental crimes direct to the world.
- Environmentally friendly: Eco-credentials include sails primarily under wind power and the re-use of engine heat to make hot water and warm the cabins.
Public Open Days Details:
Date: June 22nd (Sat) and 23rd (Sun)
Time: 10:00-15:30 (Entry may be regulated due to capacity or inclement weather)
Location: China Merchants Wharf, 18 Sai Ning Street, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong
Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/6Xq3Y
* Friendly reminder: We suggest you come before 12pm to guarantee you will be able to board the ship.