Based in Hong Kong
Summary of Position:
The Database, Systems & Analyst Manager will be responsible for overall planning and implementing Greenpeace East Asia’s Fundraising database and systems projects, with particular responsibility for the inflow and management of all data (financial and non-financial supporters), supporting the recruitment and retention of donors and volunteers, optimizing the use of data tools, identifying and fulfilling related training needs for database staff and analyzing outcomes to inform ongoing developments in the Fundraising Department. This detail-oriented individual will ensure the delivery of data analysis, advanced analytics and strategic consulting to support a wide range of internal reporting seeking optimal income outcomes for all fundraising initiatives across various channels. Ideal candidates will use creative thinking and analytical savvy to conduct research and analysis projects with complex data sources (including Web 2.0 data), and work together with our agency teams and partners to interpret findings and build solutions.
Data processing: To facilitate the effective import/export of data between fundraising database and external systems/agencies.
Information gathering and reporting: To provide information to Fundraising/Deputy Directors, Direct Dialogue teams, Supporter Services teams and other related staff with accurate data/reports required to perform their various duties in a timely and efficient manner, including:
- Liaise with fundraising staffs to determine data selection requirements for appeal and other related work such as mailings of newsletters, tax receipts, etc., etc.
- Financial reporting and support to Finance team for fundraising and finance reconciliation
To ensure integrity of all data in fundraising database, including:
- Controlling codes and parameters of the database.
- Building, testing and running ad-hoc tools to analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
- Trouble shooting and checking security flaws.
To analyze and provide feedback to Fundraising team and other stakeholders on the success of fundraising and mass networking campaigns, and retention of donors/supporters. Including:
- Conducting regular analysis of data to ensure effective usage of data, hence increasing ROI on marketing spend.
To ensure effective integration between fundraising database and other Greenpeace databases, including:
- Greenpeace websites
- Finance systems
- Mass-mailing systems
To participate in the planning processes as part of the Fundraising team, including:
- Providing any information which will help key stakeholders in their planning and budgeting processes.
Systems planning and management:
- Responsible for ensuring fundraising data systems are fit for purpose
- Make recommendations and lead the implementation and management of any new systems that are required to support the fundraising program
Successful Transition to New Database:
To provide internal project management for the transition to a new CRM database and provide full assistance to the team doing the migration.
• Bachelor's degree required with equivalent budgeting, analysis, or IT development experience (3 to 5 years)
• Working Knowledge of computer hardware, software and network.
• Ability to query with SQL language and development and advanced skill set with MS Excel and VBA is required
• Extensive experience of managing cross-organizational projects that successfully deliver technical solutions and generate high levels of internal buy-in and a proven understanding of the principles of database marketing and a record of successfully applying these principles to a range of marketing campaigns is also needed.
• Good English writing skills, as well as oral communication skills.
• Experience in CRMs, data mining/analysis.
• Experience in supporter/loyalty or fundraising related program
• Interest in NGO or non-profit sector.
• Able to work well under pressure and flexible working times.
• Commitment to the ideals of Greenpeace.
This position is for a 2-year contract subject to renewal. Interested parties, please send your application letter & full resume with current and expected salary to
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)