Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organisation, with a presence in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. To maintain its independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies on contributions from individual supporters and foundation grants. As a global organisation, Greenpeace focuses on the most crucial worldwide threats to our planet's biodiversity and environment. We are now calling on brave and inspiring inviduals to join us.
Senior Communications Officer
The position of Senior Communications Officer is located within the Programme Department based in Hong Kong Office. His/ her responsibility is to develop and implement high-level strategies to enhance Greenpeace’s ability on news making and building public support in Hong Kong and Pearl River Delta (PRD) region.
- Strategic Planning: Work with the program management to develop and implement news-making strategies, plans and tactics. This includes being an integral part of campaign project teams as well keeping up to date on Hong Kong and PRD’s rapidly changing internet and media landscape through research and personal contact with existing and new partners.
- Project Management: Direct and oversee the planning, development and implementation of specialized projects within the required timeframes and budgets while coordinating these projects within a long-term news-making strategy.
- Media Networking: Develop and implement effective relationship with journalists, editors and opinion leaders in traditional & new media in Hong Kong and PRD region to support campaign and organizational goals.
- Coordination: Work with the program management in the development of objectives, strategies and program activities; assist in coordinating roll out of communications plans to maximize complementary opportunities and avoid/minimize clashes.
- Create and Edit Content: Create and edit high quality press materials for traditional and new media to communicate our vision, values and campaigns, including using a variety of tools and channels to trigger media and public debate or amplify our campaign messages.
- Frequent travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations, or locations where related campaign issues require the presence of Greenpeace communications representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and/or Communication
- At least 3 years of related experience, while media-related working experience in China is a must;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, written Chinese, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, leverage and develop partnerships with major players of Hong Kong and PRD region’s news industry;
- Knowledge of using new media tools (including but not limited to Weibo or Weixin etc)
- Strong strategic, research and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and to meet tight deadlines, including a flexible mindset regarding working hours;
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team;
- Commitment to the mission, principles and values of Greenpeace.
This position is for a 2-year contract subject to renewal. Interested parties, please send your application letter & full resume with current and expected salary to
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)