10 simple things to reduce your carbon footprint this 2014
23 December 2013
- Leave your fuel guzzling car at home. Instead, ride a bike, walk or take the public transport to work.
- Take shorter, less frequent showers, because this not only saves water, but the energy necessary to heat it.
- Unplug your electronics when not in use. Because even when turned off, items like your television, computer, and mobile phone charger still absorb power.
- Try and avoid short airplane trips. Instead, take the bus or train to your destination.
- Instead of relying on your supermarket for all your veggies and fruits, plant a small garden and grow your own vegetables and fruits.
- Recycle all your paper, glass, aluminium, and plastic.
- Buy fruits and vegetables which are more local, organic and in-season.
- Use appliances which are more energy efficient.
- Don't forget to have your vehicle serviced regularly to keep the emission control systems operating at peak efficiency. Also, check your car's air filter monthly, and keep the tires adequately inflated to maximize gas mileage.
- Run the laundry machine only when full.