Uttarakhand is recuperating from devastating flash floods. Homes have been washed away, people have been displaced. It’s cold, there’s no drinking water, and people are running out of food.
The relief work is in progress and help in any form is a big support to these efforts. Here’s a list of all the important information about the relief work in Uttarakhand. It will help you help the people in Uttarakhand. If you have any information that’s not on this page, please add it in the comments section below.
I. Organisations and groups helping out with flood relief work in Uttarakhand.
1) Sankalp Foundation Welfare Society.
89 Prakash vihar, lane number 5,
Dharampur Dehradun 248001,
Contact person: Sanjay Maini +91-9837055246
Drop off point for relief close to the rescue operations:
Sankalp Foundation Welfare Society
c/ o Maini Niwas,
80 Moti Bazaar
Dehradun 248001 Uttarakhand
2) Sri Bhuwaneshwari Mahila Ashram (SBMA).
P.O.: Anjanisain, Pincode: 249121
District : Tehri Garhwal, Uttaranchal, India
Phone: 01376-247581,247417, Fax: 01376-247698
3) Balaji Sewa Sansthan.
Lane C 80, Turner Road
Clayman town Dehradun 248002
Contact person: Awadhesh Kumar, mobile no: +91- 8859993336
4) Plan India.
6) Uday Foundation.
7) Facebook page with more info about aid and relief work:
II. Missing and rescued peoples' database.
1) Google’s People Finder: https://google.org/personfinder/2013-uttrakhand-floods/
2) Document with Data on missing people: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq0pLvVqzPfodEE0TkE3TG54YkgyVzZkTGY0STU5NWc#gid=0
3) List of rescued people from Uttarakhand Police: http://www.uttarakhandpolice.uk.gov.in/contents/listing/4/176-disaster-management
III. Helpline numbers
People in need of rescue or assistance, can call these numbers:
- Uttarakhand: 0135-2710334/ 0135-2710335/ 0135-2710233/ 011-23710362
- Rudraprayag, Uttarkashi and Chamoli: +919808151240, +919837134399
- Pauri, Haridwar and Nainital: +91999779124, +919451901023
- Almora, Bageshwar and Pithoragarh: +919456755206, +919634535758
- Uttarakhand Disaster Management Secretary: +919837542221
- Indian Army (Medical): 18001805558/ 18004190282/ 8009833388
- Army (for pilgrims stranded at Joshimath): 0138922225
District Disaster Control Room:
- Almora - 05962237874, 9411378137
- Pithoragarh - 05964228050, 9412079945
- Haridwar- 01334223999, 9837352202
- Bageshwar - 05963220197
- Nainital - 05942231179, 9456714092
- Udhamsingh Nagar - 05944250719, 9410376808
You can provide additional information in the comment section of this blog.
Disclaimer: The organisations and contacts mentioned in this blog are a compilation of information about relief work in Uttarakhand. These have been sourced from news publication and internet research. Greenpeace is not associated with the any of the organisations mentioned in this blog.