Green Warrior carries the mission of Greenpeace to schools and colleges for a more socially responsive initiative. Youth can play a vital role in spreading the message of environment protection. Green Warrior attempts to motivate students, teachers, parents, organisations and working professional to take actions that will help the environment.
The programme covers 3 aspects of environmental education:
- Conducting workshops on environmental issues, in schools.
- Field visits for students to get a practical understanding of the issue.
- Organising events and exhibition, for students to express their opinions about the issue.
It is a volunteer run programme. Volunteers coordinate with partner organisations who work with us and also organise field visits to students. Most of our volunteers are working professionals and college students.
The benefits are:
- Awarness about environmental issues.
- Field trips to bio-diversity hot-spots
- Introduction to technological innovations in the field of renewable energy.