- Managing the volunteer enquiry email account: Ensuring all volunteer request emails are responded to and followed up with interested applications (volunteers and interns)
- Organise Volunteer Inductions and prepare a calendar of activities to keep the volunteers engaged
- Coordinate engagement meetings within the Mobilization team
- Assist in other tasks that may come up including writing content for monthly Volunteer newsletter etc.
- Working with Multipliers: Contacting and engaging with people and institutions (multipliers) who have potential to reach wider audiences and transmit campaign messages.
What you need for this position
- A minimum of 3 month experience in Greenpeace as a Volunteer/fundraiser or support staff or a 6 months to 1 year experience in a similar set up
- Excellent organizing and coordinating skills
- You must be a team player as most of your work will involve working with/within a team.
- You must hold core values of Greenpeace and integrity in high regard
- Plenty of patience
What's in it for you?
- You get to learn how to organise, plan and execute activities/events
- You will great exposure to offline activism and campaigning
- You get to develop your interpersonal skills for a varied audience
- You get to learn the ins and outs of the non-profit world
- You will be a part of a team that has real impact
- You get to work in a fun loving office environment
Details about the job
REPORTS TO: Public Engagement Campaigner (South Zone)
DURATION: Minimum commitment of six months
Last date for Application : 17th March’14
TO APPLY: Email your resume to with VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR TRAINEE (South Zone) as the subject line.