Greenpeace's cornerstone principles and core values are reflected in all our environmental campaign work, worldwide. These are:
- We 'bear witness' to environmental destruction in a peaceful, non-violent manner;
- We use non-violent confrontation to raise the level and quality of public debate;
- In exposing threats to the environment and finding solutions we have no permanent allies or adversaries;
- We ensure our financial independence from political or commercial interests;
- We seek solutions for, and promote open, informed debate about society's environmental choices.
In developing our campaign strategies and policies we take great care to reflect our fundamental respect for democratic principles and to seek solutions that will promote global social equity.