We are looking for a dynamic and creative social media intern, who can join our team in Amsterdam starting January 5th 2015.
As a social media intern at Greenpeace International, you will join a team of digital specialists who work together to amplify our campaigns online, and find new ways to engage with our supporters every day. You will learn about social media content and how to use analytics to improve results. You will be responsible for creating content and find innovative and efficient ways to reach our supporters.
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in English and at least one other language;
- Uses social media already (in particular twitter, Facebook, tumblr, google+ or Pinterest);
- Can work independently;
- Is flexible and can multitask;
- Cares about the Greenpeace goals and mission;
- Knows the difference between Buzzfeed, Upworthy and BoredPanda, and can explain it in 3 minutes or less to someone who has never heard of any of the three;
- Regularly communicates with their friends with gifs and memes.
How to apply
Send an email to with the subject line "Social media internship application" including the following:
- a CV in English;
- a cover letter in English;
- three possible tweets you would write to promote this page.
Deadline for application: October 26th
The fine print
Greenpeace International internships are full-time positions (up to 40 hours per week). Our internships are meant for students or recent graduates who have completed their studies less than 1 year ago. This internship lasts six months. Interns receive a stipend of 800 euros per month.
As we are unable to help prospective interns obtain a visa, only EU nationals and those with a valid work permit for The Netherlands are asked to apply. Interns must take out health insurance before starting the internship.
Due to the volume of applicants we regret we are unable to respond to individual applications. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the application closing date, we regret that you have not been short-listed for further consideration.