The Research Unit at Greenpeace International is offering a 6 month internship position. Research internships are based in Amsterdam, Netherlands as full-time positions (40 hours per week) for a fixed term of 6 months.
This internship option is ongoing. Monitor, capture, filter and organize information and market intelligence into databases for briefs and reports to ensure strategic information is available for Greenpeace’s campaigns and projects. This role is very detail orientated, involves multiple concurrent daily deadlines and administrative tasks within the research unit. Academic background in natural or social sciences (minimum of an equivalent Bachelors level) required. Masters, or higher, in natural or social sciences, with environmental focus, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of global environmental issues and motivation to achieve Greenpeace environmental campaign objectives
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English plus must have written and spoken fluency in, at least, one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Mandarin/Cantonese, German, Arabic, Russian, or Japanese.
- Highly developed proficiency in computer use, including database, spreadsheet and word processing. Proven high skill level of on-line research expertise and content analysis.
- Strong comprehension of the interconnected influences that culture, science, politics, economics, industry and social change dynamics play in environmental issues.
- Highly developed ability to problem solve, utilising multiple analytical techniques within a focused results-based orientation.
Required Personal Characteristics
- Self-confident, focused, pro-active and result oriented
- Highly stress resistance
- Flexible attitude to constantly shifting work priorities
- Self-motivated team player with proactive, "get-the-job-done" mentality
- Excellent communicator
Remuneration is via a modest monthly honorarium (€ 800/month).
Please provide proof of legal ability to work in the Netherlands for the indicated period and indicate your date of earliest availability to start.
Apply for this Internship by providing a single file, named - insert your full name, comprising your detailed CV + motivation letter + detailed current contact details (your email, home phone, mobile). Please indicate your grades achieved for any academic degree.
Due to the volume of applicants we regret we are unable to respond to individual queries. If you have not been contacted within 6 weeks of the date of your application, we regret that you have not been short-listed for further consideration.
Apply for the Internship
Tony Sadownichik at
CC: Human Resources department at