Global warming is a problem of enormous proportions, but that doesn't mean you can't do something about it. There are important things you can do to reduce your impact on the environment.
Proud owner of solar panels.
What you can do
Get simple toolkits to reduce your carbon footprint here!
You can help begin the transition away from fossil fuels by using renewable energy to meet your own power needs.
You may be able to purchase green energy from a local green powercompany. If such energy is not available, consider purchasing arenewable energy system such as solar photovoltaics (PV) or wind foryour home or business.
Reducing your personal energy use is the easiest and most effective way to help curb global warming. You can do this by:
- Turning down the temperature on your refrigerator, your washing machine and your water heater;
- Insulating your home to ensure that heat or air conditioning is not escaping through windows and cracks;
- Walking, biking or using public transportation whenever possible;
- Using efficient showerheads; and
- Purchasing appliances that are the most energy efficient you can afford.