As you may have heard, we’ve laid down a Detox Challenge to the world’s leading sports brands, including Nike and Adidas. We want to know who will be the first to champion a toxic-free future by removing toxic chemicals from their supply chain and products.
Social media lets the little guy engage with huge brands – huge brands that might never answer a letter, but cannot ignore the public nature of tweets. And that’s just what we did. Taking inspiration from Wonder Years, today we engaged in some imaginative page redesign on Twitter.
We decided to use the creative power of a few friends and Twitter to keep the Detox pressure on these brands. With a little planning and some good timing, we managed to get our message onto the main Twitter pages of Nike and Adidas, and so can you.
All you need is four friends with Twitter accounts and a little bit of coordination. Just follow these simple steps to create your own grassroots action and let these brands know that the pressure is on and expectations are high. Detox!
- Make sure you and four friends have active Twitter accounts.
- Download the D-E-T-O-X letters below.
- Choose a letter each and set them as your Twitter avatar.
- Get everyone together in the room, on Skype, MSN, the telephone or any other communication medium.
- Get all participants to go to @Adidas, @nikestore or @nikesoccer at the same time.
- Sychronise watches!
- Starting with X, ‘follow’ the Twitter feed in reverse order, from X-O-T-E-D (Feel free to add Mission Control style commentary upon completion: “X is go!” “O is go!” “T is go!” and so on.)
- Be sure to follow the action with the twitter tag #Detox.
You can see if it worked by clicking the "Followers" link on their twitter profile pages. It should look something like the screenshots below.
Check out these examples: