Not a warrior princess? Not really into getting up before dawn to board a Shell icebreaker? Not quite up to spending several days on top of an oil rig? Never fear, there are still many things you can do to help us save the Arctic:
1. Tell Shell that the Arctic is off limits to oil drilling.
2. Email your friends and family and ask them to tell Shell that the Arctic is off limits to oil drilling.
3. Ask them again on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and whatever the edgiest social network is today (and MySpace if you still live in 2004) to tell Shell that the Arctic is off limits to oil drilling.
4. Tweet about why Arctic drilling is a terrible idea. Use the #savethearctic hashtag (and look up that hashtag - it's quite inspiring to see the amount of people using it!)
5. Tweet directly to @shell and @shell_alaska and tell them to drop their Arctic drilling plans - or comment on their facebook page.
6. Ask ethical investment companies to drop Arctic drilling from their funds.
7. Write to President Obama and ask him to say no to Shell's Arctic drilling plans.
8. If you read an article about Arctic oil drilling, leave a comment explaining why it's a mad idea (and leave the link in a comment below).
9. Did we mention that you should share this cyberaction with your friends, families, colleagues and random strangers?
10. Suggest more ideas! We'd love to hear more creative ways to save the Arctic - if you've got one, tell us in a comment below.
Juliette is a Digital Mobilisation Specialist at Greenpeace International. She likes chocolate, narwhals, and is slightly obsessed with the Arctic.
If we even stop the Shell from arctic drilling how can we stop russian barbarian business from doing that? They will for sure do that (ignoring all possible negative outcomes).
May be it is better to try to make them develop publicly available safety requirements (and a way to controll them)?
5 May, 2012 at 10:07
Fill in the following fields to make an unregistered comment.
Please note: Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
One of the fields in this row is required.
This exceeds the maximum length. Shorter please.
So sorry! This screen name is already in use.
Emails are not permitted in screen name
This field is required.
This is not a valid email adress. Please try again...
This email address is already in use.
Save the Arctic
8 May, 2012 at 3:09
new Xbox game>http://www.gamingera.net/
29 July, 2012 at 11:29
We need to spread the word about this. This is serious.
SAVE THE ARCTIC
batteries for xbox
6 January, 2013 at 8:49
1 - 4 of 4 results.
Are you sure to remove this comment?
Are you sure to report this comment as abuse?