If you are interested in working as a fundraiser for Greenpeace New Zealand and do not have New Zealand residency or citizenship please read the information below before contacting us about employment. Thank you.
Important permit and Visa information
- To work in New Zealand you must have a work permit or working holiday visa.
- If you are not experienced fundraiser from other Greenpeace office we cannot assist you with getting either of these - sorry, no exceptions
- You will have to organise your work visa from your home country. It is not a hard job at all. You can also use services of Work & Travel agencies in your country.
- For information about working in New Zealand please go to the New Zealand immigration website
Employment criteria for the fundraising team
We are preferably looking for people who have experience in face-to-face fundraising (Direct Dialogue) & can prove successful results.
If you don't have experience in this type of work but think you have what it takes:
- Good communication skills (this includes being fluent in English)
- An outgoing personality
- Direct sales experience (eg. telemarketing)
- Or just plain old fashion passion for the environment
then we would love to arrange to meet you when you arrive in New Zealand, and go through our interviewing process with you.
Applying for a job
- If you are experienced fundraiser fron another Greenpeace office please contact us on . We will need your cover letter, CV and references from your 'home' office. If you want to spead up the whole process you may ask your local coordinator to contact one of the coordinators in Greenpeace New Zealand.
- For any other applicants we are not able to offer employment until they arrive in New Zealand. Once you are here we will happily interviewed you.
If you are still interested in this position and fit the criteria, we would love to hear from you!
To apply you can:
- Complete the online application form for the Street Fundraiser and/or Door Outreach Fundraiser positions - use the 'comment' box on the form to include additional information such as Visa status and date of arrival in New Zealand.
- Post your CV/Resume to - Fundraising Jobs, Private Bag 92507, Wellesly Street, Auckland, New Zealand. Or email it to:
You must include the following information:
- Where you saw the job advertised
- When you plan to come to NZ
- Your Visa status
- What job experience you have
- Are you planning on visiting NZ even if you do not get work?