COME TO Greenpeace CEE Romania Foundation, as Media Officer (m/f)
(40hrs/week; Bucharest, RO)
The Media Officer works in close relationship with the campaigners, the volunteer coordinator(s) and the Office Director to develop and implement the best approach to communicate to the public and present/future supporters about Greenpeace’s campaigns and activities. He/she is responsible for developing and implementing the communication strategy of Greenpeace Romania and any results hereof in compliance with the Framework for Greenpeace CEE and Greenpeace International.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills; extrovert personality
- Excellent speaking, writing and networking skills
- Doer and positive attitude, willingness to pro-actively contribute to Greenpeace’s cause
- Proven record of working experience in the field of communication
- Proficient in spoken and written English; willingness to travel
- Understanding of and experience in the Romanian and CEE NGO sector – desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental issues in Romania- desirable
- Comfortable with public-speaking as well as storytelling skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities…
- Take responsibility for developing and implementing Greenpeace Romania’s communication strategies for campaigns, in close cooperation with the team and the Office Director
- Align Greenpeace Romania’s communication strategy to the general guidelines of Greenpeace CEE and Greenpeace International
- Develop content that reflects our mission, vision and values
- Write press releases and media briefings as well as content for the website and any other social media channels
- Keep the website updated and communicate proactively on social media channels
- Take initiative in identifying new communication channels and opportunities to bring environmental subjects closer to the public
- Develop, manage and actively represent Greenpeace Romania in relation to the media, other NGOs and stakeholders
- Liaise closely with other Greenpeace media staff to ensure synergies and consistency of approach
- Organise informal or formal events
- Budget responsibility.
- An NGO-competitive compensation package for a fulltime position (40hrs/week) located in Bucharest
- A chance to personal and professional growth in a supportive environment combined with being in a self-responsible, diverse and challenging position
- An organisational environment with a diversity of context, experience, perspectives, seniority, curiosity, a highly engaged, international team and the irrepressible desire to make a difference.
If you identify yourself with our goals and consider yourself a promising candidate for this position, please, send your English CV and motivation letter until May 12th, 2017 to .
Join Greenpeace today, together we can make a difference!