In this role, you will assist the Programme Planning and Coordination Manager and Programme Director in executing, improving and implementing systems and procedures primarily in the areas of internal communication and proactive task follow ups within programme departments, Programme management forums and their supporting roles; assist in preparation of programme related project and budget monitoring and reports mechanisms; and ensuring the provision of logistical and administrative support.
This is a full-time position based in Manila.
- Assist the Programme Planning and Coordination Manager and Programme Director in implementing and proactively facilitating internal communication flows/systems and procedures for effectively managing GSPEA programme developments and operations.
- Assist the Programme Planning and Coordination Manager and Programme Director in the organization of programme meetings/management forums and related travels.
- Taking minutes, keeping and maintaining records and proactively following up tasks and requirements related to Programme management forums.
- Develop and maintain strong cooperation and coordination with other Programme issue area/Country Directors and Operations Support department.
- In coordination with the Finance unit, regularly monitor and keep track of programme coordination budget expenditures, including monitoring of Programme Directors line managed staff submission of monthly reconcilers and ensuring operational budget requests submissions and approvals on time.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of projects monthly and quarterly reports, projects evaluation.
- Assist in maintaining programme calendar, ensuring it is being a living document, through close communication with programme unit/departments.
- Participate in programme forums discussions and planning regarding strategic issues within GPSEA.
- Provide assistance to Programme Department in day to day operations/logistical needs including arranging schedules, booking of VCs, arranging travels (in coordination with the country Admin), managing incoming and outgoing messages, filing of relevant data/records,
- Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned by the Programme Planning and Coordination Manager and/or Programme Director.
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
Level of Education: Bachelor’s degree/ or at least a Diploma or A level certification
Field of Study: Administration or related course
Work Experience: At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in providing support to executive roles
Competencies and Skills
- Professionalism: Knowledge and/or experience in managing conduct and emotions in a way that represents the values and realizes the objectives of the organization
- Quality: Knowledge and/or experience in meeting and surpassing requirements by setting high standards for the condition of outputs
- Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multi-cultural audiences
- Excellent communications skills in English (both written and oral) and at least one of the major language spoken in the Southeast Asian region
- Strong documentation, writing and presentation skills.
- Proven excellent ability to prepare meeting minutes and reports
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing meetings
- Excellent computer skills including mastery of program on database management and budget preparation
- Ability to carry out budget forecasting and prepare annual budget for Programme Department
- Networking skills and ability to communicate with a wide range of sectors and organizations
- Proven record of keeping confidential information
- Adapt at working with people of different cultures
- Ability to work effectively in a team but also to work independently and unsupervised.
Specific Work Environment
This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible arrangements working in challenging field and frontline work environments.
- Commitment to non-violent direct action as a means of affecting change
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, fill-up the attached Application and email to:
Deadline for Applications: March 20, 2017