Business Advisor together with the Political Advisor and Business Team and the Regional Campaign Leadership Team will develop and produce the business elements, objectives, framework, approach, and strategy of our campaign in relation to the ASEAN Economic Community; ASEAN trade agreements; International Chamber of Commerce (Singapore), World Bank, ADB and UN business and human rights application in Southeast Asia.
1. Issue Development
- Develop and increase GPSEA's capacity in building development plan for environmentalist campaigning with the business sector and economic policy making bodies in Southeast Asia.
- Identify other business or economic issues/projects/ initiatives in the region that have direct relevance for our campaign and provide this information in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain extensive contracts and relationships with all relevant business bodies and other NGOs in order to build effective networks and partnerships that promote Greenpeace campaign and organizational objectives.
3. Campaign Liaison
- Provide information to GPSEA Political and Business Team, Regional Campaign Leadership Team, country and program managers and GPI's business sub-unit, whenever necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare substantive briefings, updates and talking points with the campaign and communications officers concerned to ensure the consistent external communication of business issues.
- Maintain a general knowledge of recent and relevant business developments in the field, in order to ensure that Greenpeace is able to respond effectively to new developments in the field of business legislation and policy development.
- Advanced academic qualification in business or economic sciences or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years proven expertise in business, economic or trade policy development
- Demonstrable commitment to environmental/peace issues
- Goal orientation
- Strategic perspective and global awareness
- Proven ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances, and to operate under pressure
- Excellent communications skills including strong writing skills and proven ability to present in all forms of media
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Research skills
- Planning and organizing
SPECIFIC WORK ENVIRONMENT (optional)
- Experience of cross-cultural working environment- "an internationalist"
Send your Application form to email : . Please complete all items in the application form as this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.