Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace acts to change attitudes and behavior, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace by:
- Catalyzing an energy revolution to address the number one threat facing our planet: climate change.
- Defending our oceans by challenging wasteful and destructive fishing, and creating a global network of marine reserves.
- Protecting the world's ancient forests and the animals, plants and people that depend on them.
- Creating a toxic free future with safer alternatives to hazardous chemicals in today's products and manufacturing.
- Campaigning for sustainable agriculture by rejecting genetically engineered organisms, protecting biodiversity and encouraging socially responsible farming.
Greenpeace is present in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
To maintain our independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies on contributions from individual supporters and foundation grants.
For over 40 years, Greenpeace has been successful in our campaigns to reverse environmental degradation by bearing witness to environmental destruction and exposing and confronting environmental abuse. Greenpeace campaigns have been vital in informing government policies on the environment and effecting changes in business practices which lead to various environmental problems.
Greenpeace in Southeast Asia
Greenpeace opened our first office in Southeast Asia in 2000. In that time we have led successful campaigns throughout the region, securing fresher air, cleaner water and a healthier environment through changing industry practices and government policies. Greenpeace actively campaigns across the region to catalyze an energy revolution, protect ancient forests and our oceans, create a toxics-free future and create a shift to sustainable agriculture.
Greenpeace has three offices in Southeast Asia (GPSEA) —in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines and each office is currently composed: Programme Department (Campaigns, Communications, Public Engagement & Actions), Fundraising, and Operations Support (Human Resources, Finance & Admin, Information Technology, Security). Currently, Greenpeace Southeast Asia employs nearly 200 staff across the region, excluding the direct dialogue fundraisers.
This is a full-time position based in either Bangkok or Jakarta (Kuala Lumpur would be considered). Citizens of Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia are encouraged to apply.
Other nationalities should contact our HR department of Bangkok, Jakarta and Manila office before applying to discuss work permit restrictions.
THE POST: DEPUTY FUNDRAISING DIRECTOR
The Deputy Fundraising Director reports directly to the Fundraising Director of Greenpeace SEA and serves as the most senior member of the Fundraising Management Team.
The Deputy Fundraising Director supports the Fundraising Director in the delivery, coordination and management of the fundraising strategies to maximize long-term financial and public support for Greenpeace SEA. The Deputy Fundraising Director will supervise fundraising teams, providing mentoring and leadership on fundraising techniques, general organizational management, administration, finance, and strategic program development.
This is a full-time position based in Southeast Asia office (Bangkok, Jakarta & Kuala Lumpur) and open to applicant for Thai, Indonesian and Malaysian nationality only.
- Support the Fundraising Director with development and implementation of annual and multiyear development strategies, as outlined in the Organizational Development plans for Greenpeace SEA, to increase net revenues and ensure the organization’s long-term financial stability and growth
- Initiate the development and testing of new innovations to diversify fundraising approaches, spread risk across fundraising channels and capitalize on the potential that the Southeast Asian marketplace has to offer
- Responsible for GPSEA donor recruitment or retention strategies and targets (to be decided based on experience and skills set of successful candidate)
- Line management of Country Fundraising Managers and either the Regional Supporter Acquisition Coordinator or the Regional Supporter Relationship Coordinator and Regional Database Analyst (to be decided based on experience and skills set of successful candidate)
- Supervise the development, presentation, implementation, tracking and regular reporting of country and program expenditure and revenue budgets.
- Motivate, train and support fundraising staff in order to achieve the objectives of the department
- Introduce best practice procedures and work flow in all areas of responsibility
- In close co-operation with the Campaign, Communications and Mass Mobilization Department, publish and coordinate a range of publications, video, web as well as other forms of information for marketing and fundraising
- In coordination with the Human Resources Department recruit, train and develop staff within the department, evaluate staff work performance and recommend disciplinary action as necessary for staff s/he line-manages
- Help to determine the overall training needs for fundraising staff in conjunction with Fundraising Director
- Assist the Fundraising Director as required with the regular financial reporting and budget control of the Fundraising Department
- Report the success of program results in a timely manner to the Fundraising Director
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
- University graduate, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications
- Five plus years of proven leadership and management in a senior marketing and/or fundraising field preferably in the NGO sector (and with direct dialogue).
Competencies and Skills
- Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multi-cultural audiences.
- Leadership: Knowledge and/or experience in guiding and directing the efforts of others by presenting a clear vision, delegating responsibilities, and providing constant support and feedback
- Strategic Thinking & Global Mindset: Knowledge and/or experience in addressing organizational objectives by developing calculated approaches that integrate an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures
- Knowledge and/or experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge and/or experience in fundraising reporting and analysis
- Strong skills in written and spoken English (required) and another regional language (desired)
- Knowledge and/or experience in training, mentoring, and developing staff
- Knowledge and/or experience in data management tools and practices
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, fill-up the attached Application Formband email to:
Deadline for Applications: June 13, 2016
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Read the recruitment pack carefully before completing your application form. The recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment conditions.
- Complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address (), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If you have questions, kindly email .
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application letter and completed application form.