The effectiveness and success of Greenpeace Southeast Asia (GPSEA) depends on the
contributions of all staff, interns, volunteers, and freelancers/ contractors. We have both a legal and ethical duty to ensure that our people are prepared to work and live in insecure environments, and that we are able to effectively manage the safety and security of the people under our direction.
The Regional Security Manager is responsible for risk assessment and security management for GPSEA operations.
It is a full time position based in Bangkok with extended field placement in Indonesia and travel throughout the region as required.
The Regional Security Manager has Authority on issues that may impact on the security and/or safety of staff, volunteers and freelancers/contractors working under the direction of GPSEA
Overall physical security management for GPSEA operations including all campaign related field work, office/warehouse environments, Direct Dialogue fundraising teams, and staff working in higher-risk areas, including:
- Production of risk assessments, in consultation with campaigns, actions and logistics, communications, fundraising and management staff as required;
- Production of security management plans and mitigation measures arising from risk analyses;
- Production, review and updating of all office and project standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Oversight of incident reporting across the organization, mitigation measures taken when necessary and amendments to SOPs as necessary;
- Advise and sit on the Crisis Management Team.
- Assist the Senior Management Team to create a security culture within GPSEA through regular staff updates, familiarization of staff with our policies and procedures, and an open-door approach to receiving input on suggested security improvements and concerns;
- Liaise with Human Resources and legal on occupational safety, insurances and legal liabilities respect to security issues;
- Arranging delivery of periodic and as-required security training;
- Production and updating of the security induction pack.
- Manage security external contractors, including office security, specific project security and trainers;
- Sign off on campaign & communications materials, tactics and strategies that my influence security risk levels;
- Produce the annual plans and budget, as part of the annual planning process of GPSEA
- Responsibly manage the security budget and maintain secure filing system;
- Prepare monthly progress/achievement reports.
- First point of contact for emergency security situations (on call);
- Liaison with GPI and other NROs on security management to ensure consistent best-practice across our global organization;
- Briefing, monitoring and debriefing all foreign staff visiting the region;
- Any other reasonable instructions from the Chief Operating Officer
Essential Qualities and Skills:
- At least five years experiences delivering security management plans and risk analyses including: physical security management; crisis; occupational health and safety; field security; and travel;
- An understanding of security and cultural issues in GPSEA operating countries;
- Leadership, management and communication abilities commensurate with the need to lead, manage and train cross functional, cross cultural and multi lingual teams through the security processes. This is to include demonstrated commitment to consultation processes and team delegation
- Excellent language skills-both written and spoken-English;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to work well under pressure;
- Good organizational and planning skills, and demonstrated budget management experience;
- Computer literacy, including basic information security techniques;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, environmental and peace issues, and commitment to the values and mission of Greenpeace world-wide
- Goal Orientation
- Strategic Perspective and Global Orientation
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Knowledge sharing
- Planning and organization
- Project Management
- People Management
- Risk Management
- Implementer and strategic thinker
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Experience on organizational strategy planning and development
- Knowledge on security management, risk assessment, physical security management, crisis, occupational and health safety, field security and travel
- Strong facilitation and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation, communications skills, budget management skills
- Understanding of security and cultural issues in Southeast Asia
- Ability to be self-directed and to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy, including basic information on security techniques
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Send your Application form to email : . Please complete all items in the application form as this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.