To lead on, collaboration and procedure visual communication content and strategy for Greenpeace Southeast Asia (GPSEA) in print and digital formats for grassroots and digital campaigning.
On the development side the role will work within the Mass Mobilization department and work closely with the Communications, Fundraising and Campaigns to produce a clear visual narrative of GPSEA campaigns and synergize this with GPSEA's overall brand identity to communicate with current and potential supporters.
On the production side the role will work closely with the digital grassroots teams within the Mass Mobilization department across Southeast Asia to produce visual communication content for our websites, blogs, social media and print material with a focus on encouraging new and current audiences to take action for the environment and social justice.
The role will cover offices in Jakarta, Manila and Bangkok.
1. Expertise digital and graphic design
a. Build a growing bank of applied knowledge in effective visual communication and design that is relevant to GPSEA supporters, potential supporters and external stakeholders.
b. Monitor, identify, report and advise GPSEA on current and leading thinking around visual communication and design to inform campaign and project work.
c. Liaise with the Regional Video Producer and the Regional (photo) Image Producer to ensure synergy GPSEA visual communication strategies.
d. Develop a relationship with freelance service providers in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines for peak capacity periods to assist you in your work.
2. Design, develop and produce visual content
- Collaborate with staff on design concepts and visual communications strategies to create designs, concepts, and simple layouts for approval by relevant Mass Mobilization Coordinators.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type based on campaign/project needs.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of materials, including story boards to assist in staff in visualizing end product during planning and development of projects and campaigns.
- Using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and other design software to generate new images, composition of images and creative typography.
- Use Adobe Flash, iMovie and or other animation/video software to generate short digital animation clips for projects and campaigns.
- Edit and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printing and draft instructions for printing service providers to ensure process meets project and campaign timelines.
- Produce info-graphics and data visualization images to communicate complex information into easily understood formats.
- Adhere to Greenpeace Brand identify guidelines in design work.
3. Integration of programs
- Grassroots Mobilization Team: collaborate with Mass Mobilization Coordinators to design and produce print and electronic content for educating and encouraging supporters and potential supporters to take action.
- Digital Mobilization Team: collaborate with Mass Mobilization Coordinators to design, produce and visual content for our websites, blogs, social media and email content for use on desktop and mobile platforms.
- Copywriter: work closely with Mass Mobilization Copywriter to ensure synergy between written and visual content on the website, blogs, social media and print content.
- Fundraising, Campaigns and Communications Departments: collaborate on the development of supporter focused content in the delivery of their campaigns in the Project Team environment.
4. Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Contribute to GPSEA mass mobilization planning, implementation and on-going evaluation and regularly update relevant senior staff.
- Contributing to campaign and project team from the perspective of supporter engagement and campaign impact through visual communications.
- Build a culture of Praxis (theory-action-Reflection) across GPSEA and produce evaluations of activities on a regular basis.
5. Project Management
- Lead and implement projects, including representation of GPSEA at local, national or international where assigned by Mass Mobilization Director.
Required Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree involving Design and/or minimum 3years relevant equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in visual communication for a diverse range of audiences, including producing collaborating in the production of cohesive multimedia content packages including written, image, audio, visual, digital animation and data visualization content.
- A commitment to direct action and the synergy between social justice and environmentalism Functional competencies
- High level skills in using image editing software and design software, including experience in the production of images, composite images, info-graphics and data visualization
- A portfolio must be submitted with written application. The portfolio should express your personality and demonstrate your ability to produce work in multiple design styles.
- Portfolio minimum requirements are:
- Original graphics/images designed for web and print
- Composite images designed for web and print
- Info-graphic or Data Visualization for web or print
- Page and or booklet layout designed for e-book or e-flyer or print book or print, flyer or poster
- Digital animation (optional)
- List of languages or any other languages you can read and write in and the level of proficiency of each
- Digital animation skills
- Ability to work across windows and mac operating systems
Specific Work Environment
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment across multiple time zones.
- A willingness and ability to travel internationally and a flexible approach to work.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace. Please attach this to a completed application form and email to
Deadline of application: December 31, 2012
Download forms below:
Recruitment Pack | Application Form