Greenpeace has three offices in Southeast Asia—in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines and each office is composed of five departments: Campaigns, Fundraising, Communications, Mass Mobilization and Organizational Support. Currently, Greenpeace has more than a 140 staff across the region, excluding the direct dialogue fundraisers.
Deadline for Applications: December 15, 2013
THE POST: HR Operations Officer
The HR Operations Officer is responsible to implement, manage and execute various HR functions including Selection and Recruitment; Performance Management; Compensation and benefits; Staff Training and Development and Expat Management.
This role will cover our office in Bangkok and reporting Thailand Country HR Manager.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare job advertisement in the internal and external channels eg. Websites/ Greenpeace homepage, liaise with recruitment agencies
- Classify and distribute incoming applications
- Correspond with applicants as needed
- Conduct a phone screening of candidates
- Active market search for suitable candidates
- Prepare and send shortlists of qualified candidates
- Arrange interview schedules for candidates with Hiring Manager and HR Manager
- Conduct the HR orientation of new staff and coordinate with Department Managers to do each department orientation
- Enter information from new selected applications into database
- Keep the hard copies of all documents, filing system in perfect order
- To coordinate and facilitate staff performance management system and process:-
- Provide information, assistance and advise to staff in relation to objectives setting, performance appraisal system and respond to queries from staff;
- Provide and advise staff on performance management process and form;
- Follow up with line managers and staff on the process during performance management cycle
Training and Development
- To provide support to implement and execute systematic and structured staff training and development program to ensure staff is equipped with necessary skills to achieve high levels of performance :-
- Collate staff training requirements as agreed by line managers and as indicated in staff performance management document and provide the information to Human Resources Manager;
- Coordinate all the logistics in relations to material that is required for training
- Support in organizing employee relations activities and Interacting with all level of employees
Visa and Work Permit
- Coordinate with agency to provide visa and work permit to expatriate
- Prepare the required documents to apply visa for staff
- To maintain and administer staff payroll, compensation and benefits:-
- Maintain staff data and execute payroll system which including salary, tax calculation, social security contribution and other related benefits for Thailand Office staff;
- Prepare and submit personal income tax to Revenue Department and update staff information in-out, report and submit the contribution to Social Security Office;
- Prepare necessary letters and documents related to staff income;
- Manage an entitlement leave date for all GPSEA staffs in the GPSEA HR Management System
- As assigned from time to time
More detail in recruitment pack
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position; read our Recruitment Pack and fill-up Application Form which you can download from http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/th/about/jobs/; and email by the closing date to:
We regret that shall be unable to acknowledge receipt of the form but should you wish to confirm that we have received your application, please call our office at telephone +66-2-3571921.
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been short-listed and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Read the recruitment pack carefully before filling up your application form. Recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment condition.
- Fill up all items in the Application Form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address ( ), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be honored.
- If you have questions, kindly email .
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application letter and completed application form.