Greenpeace has three offices in Southeast Asia—in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines and each office is composed of five departments: Campaigns, Fundraising, Communications, Mass Mobilization and Organizational Support. Currently, Greenpeace has more than a 140 staff across the region, excluding the direct dialogue fundraisers.
Deadline for Applications: December 15, 2013
THE POST: Oceans campaigner
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The campaigner will serve as the Greenpeace representative on Oceans issues in Thailand . He/she will work towards the goals of Greenpeace Southeast Asia’s Oceans campaigns with the framework of Greenpeace’s overall objectives. In certain situations, as determined by external events and upon the recommendation of the Program manager and/or nominated alternative, the Campaigner is expected to move between issues and campaigns as needed.
It is expected that at least 80% of the campaigner’s time will be spent in Thailand. The Campaigner is also expected to work with other national and regional offices, as required.
1. In conjunction with the Campaigner Director or nominated alternative, develop and implement campaign work and projects in line with both short and long term goals for the ocean campaign based on national and international objectives and including detailed strategy, activities, timelines and budgets:
- Take the lead in the implementation of Oceans campaign strategies and tactics developed to achieve goals and objectives (and public outreach activitiesin support of the ocean and assist in public out reach activities for campaign strategies)
- Participate in campaign discussion and planning regarding strategic issues and event planning within GPSEA, with other Greenpeace offices and with GPI. This will include both written and verbal discussion as well as attendance at specific meetings.
- Keep Campaign Director and/or designated representative informed of activities in the campaign (including preparation of monthly reports and work plans) and recommend changes in tactics, or strategies as necessary.
- Participate in regular progress reviews and end-point evaluations of ocean campaign/projects.
- Co-ordinate information flow within the Campaign Department to other Departments, and with relevant GPI units.
- Organize and oversee the work of ocean campaign/project volunteers, interns and short-term contractees where directed.
2. Assist the Campaign Director or nominated alternative in the designing and implementation of strategies to educate and mobilize various targeted constituencies and the general public about oceans issues and Greenpeace goals;
- Maintain a working knowledge of technical information and be able to present the information to a variety of audiences within and outside the Philippines in language they can understand.
- Maintain a working knowledge of political, legislative, regulatory and economic frameworks relevant to the campaign.
- Build alliances and/or support relationships with relevant affected groups, grassroots organizations, academic and professional groups, labour and others as identified in strategic planning.
- Develop or assist in the development of fact sheets and other information.
- Work with the Press Officer in preparing press releases and assist in planning media strategies for the campaign, act as spokesperson for the campaign, and develop pro-active relationships with relevant media to increase campaign outreach.
- Represent Greenpeace and the campaign at relevant public events, activist meetings/groups, political decision makers, local citizens and other affected communities.
4. Direct, organize and participate in non-violent direct action to support and advance campaign goals and organization objectives.
5. Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned by Campaigns Director or nominated alternative.
6. Specific work-plans will be amended each year.
More detail in recruitment pack
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position; read our Recruitment Pack and fill-up Application Form which you can download from http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/th/jobs/; and email by the closing date to:
We regret that shall be unable to acknowledge receipt of the form but should you wish to confirm that we have received your application, please call our office at telephone +66-2-3571921.
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been short-listed and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Read the recruitment pack carefully before filling up your application form. Recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment condition.
- Fill up all items in the Application Form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address ( ), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be honored.
- If you have questions, kindly email .
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application letter and completed application form.