How would you like to take your career to the next level and contribute to protecting the environment all over the world? Join our dynamic team of IT experts at Greenpeace Nordic! We are now looking for a Full-time Front-End Developer to drive our holistic approach to all online activity across the Nordic region.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace is present in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
The IT department’s key responsibility is to ensure the ability of Greenpeace Nordic to achieve its goals by being a strategic partner to other departments and provide the right tools, systems and support to ensure staff can operate effectively.
About the role:
The Front-end Developer is responsible for developing interactive web based and mobile applications, using industry best practices and standards. The role is also responsible for leading key development tracks or external teams/developers in key Interactive technologies and being the regional expert on the Greenpeace CMS system. As a key IT partner to The Nordic Digital Agency, this role could also include estimating and planning of new development components to be delivered when creating new Plans for Mobilization Projects to ensure we are scoping for the right amount of resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar work experience
- Understanding of cross browser compliance and compatibility and knowledge of code quality tools and application tuning
- Understanding backend programming and be able to make smaller changes to adapt code to front-end changes.
- Understanding of semantic coding, code and speed optimization
- Understanding of User Experience Design in order to give input
- Understanding of cross browser/platform/device compatibility testing
- Knowledge of programming responsive design pages
- Accessibility knowledge for web applications
- Excellent skills in technical documentation
- Motivation to work with both Front End development and creating fun and engaging web applications to increase the amount of online engagement such as subscribers to Greenpeace Nordic
- Knowledge of internet technologies, networking, web services and related protocols
- Interpersonal Relationship and Communication skills
- A take charge person that displays a sense of urgency in their approach to work
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure and circle back when having conflicting priorities
- Must have good written and spoken English and one Nordic language is preferred but not required
What we offer:
- Secure, full-time and ongoing contract (with a probation period of 3 months)
- Unique chance to contribute and solve the world’s environmental problems
- Exciting opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- Participating and/or leading Nordic and Global digital projects
- Opportunities to bring your ideas to the table
- A strategic partnership between IT and the business
- Dynamic and international work place in our office in central Stockholm
Are you interested?
Please send us your CV accompanied by a Motivation Letter in English as soon as possible and no later than November 18th to
Jan Viljanen, Head of IT:
Johanna Latvala-Koistiola, Nordic Human Resources:
Sofia von Post, Unionen union representative mobile: +46 70 636 06 56
104 65 Stockholm