The Supporter Care Representative fields calls, email, letters, and any other inquiries from donors and the public. The representatitve is also responsible for serving as a liason with the campaign, communications, and development department to ensure appropriate messaging, and that quality data is collected and input into the membership database. In addition, the representative will monitor public interest and response to Greenpeace and its campaigns and report back to the wider staff as appropriate.
1. Respond to donors' correspondence and inquiries regarding their membership, gift activity, status, and concerns:
a. Use database to research, assess and solve donor problems and concerns.
b. Update donor records to reflect requested changes.
c. Solicit further support for the organization (renewals, upgrades, etc.)
2. Respond to questions and concerns regarding Greenpeace campaign activities and the organization.
3. Sort, organize and respond appropriately to incoming correspondence (mail & e-mail) for Supporter Care Department.
4. Create and utilize opportunities to recruit new members via phone, e-mail and regular mail.
5. Track inquiries by subject matter, number and frequency.
6. Ensure quality and accuracy of all data entered in the membership database.
7. Liaise with other departments regarding content of calls and administrative systems as appropriate.
8. Make outbound calls to supporters and donors to provide good stewardship.
9. Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the Supporter Care Manager.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Word processing and database skills necessary
• Proven interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to develop written correspondence in response to specific requests as well as to use good judgement in dealing with a wide variety of inquiries.
• Proven ability to recap information on complex issue into a simple format that can be understood by the general public.
• Proven experience in working with/responding to general public in a customer relations setting.
• Understanding of and experience with database systems.
• Knowledge of environmental issues or willingness to learn about issues relevant to the job.
• Salary $34K
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Sick leave
• 6% 401K Employer match
• Public Transportation Allowances
• Discounts with Patagonia, Zip Car, Dell, AT&T, and more
Please apply here https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/survey/start/588/ by May 9th, 2014